Song On Review: "Aboki Remix" by Ice Prince Featuring Sakordie(Ghana), Mercy Johnson, Whizkid, MI and Khuli(S.A).
"Aboki!! Side!! Hehehe!!"... Aboki (the original) was a classic. The concept, on-point. The delivery was on-point. The video, on-point. Ice-prince announced the remix featuring the heavy weights. I was wondering what Mercy Johnson would do on the track. I was imagining the kind of modulation WhizKid would exhibit. I also trying to fantasize the punch lines that MI and Sakordie would drop. Overall, the expectation was high. Finally, it came out and I was like.....
Lets Skip to the Review Pls.
Lets Skip to the Review Pls.
The beat was good, like it was in the original Aboki. The beat was abit noisy but on-point. The combination of different drums depicted the Aboki(Hausa) Style. The beat was quite danceable. I kinda loved the way the beat started. It helped to mirror Sakordie's Lyrical Poweress.
THE LYRICS AND DELIVERY
Well, almost all the guys featured on the track deviated from the concept of the song.
- Sakordie: Sakordie killed the song. Initially thought the intro of the song would be given to MI Abaga but it turned out to be Sakordie and he performed above my expectation. "This is the weemix". He delivered his lines with easy and venom. He really shined brighter than the others. "Me and Davido the fight over groupies" and "Brymo, for stick to your high keys"... Do I small controversy coming up? Nah!!!
- Mercy Johnson: LWKMD!!! She made just one sentence in the song. Does that amount to a Featuring Status? Shish!!! "Sakordie, Am married." It didnt even sound like her. It could even be someone else that said it. I guess Mercy Johnson's inclusion was just a publicity stunt.
- WhizKid: Wizard Pikin did his normal thing. Nothing special. I'd say he performed below par. Like he had nothing to say. Repeating his previous lyrics from old songs. I expected more.
- Ice Prince: Nah!!! I admire the fact that he created a new set of lyrics but I'd have prefered it if he had stuck to original Aboki lyrics. His delivery wasnt that outstanding as it was in the former.
- MI Abaga: Now, this was an unpleasant suprise. He performed far below par. Like he was struggling to deliver a line in the track. Normally, we get 2 or 3 punch lines whenever MI opens his mouth but here he made noise. Nothing as Incredible as he is and has portrayed in the past! And dont get it twisted, am an ardent fan of MI, that's why I was so disappointed. Aboki is a high profile song for Crying out loud. Next time do better.
- Khuli: Huh??? What was that N*gga saying? The latter part of his bars was in English but was still gibberish. Ice prince should have just slashed out Khuli from the song but I guess he did that for the South African Fans.
Message? None! Its was just another average Naija bragging song. Nothing to learn from it.
Well, My last word on this song is Thumbs Up to Sakordie. MI get your act together, you are better than this. Khuli, get a herd of cows and manage, Aboki!!!
We rate the song, 8.50 in the Critico-Meter of Music(1 being execellent, 10 being Wack)."U don wanna see my, Gandoki Style!"